There are four possible reasons for the client not connecting to the Access
Gen server as follows:
1. The Access Gen server is not running.
Solution: Start the Access Gen server and retry the connection.
2. The IP address or machine name of the Access Gen server is incorrect.
Solution: Verify the name of the Access Gen server and amend the ceaccess.ini
file in the client directory. The name of the server is directly below the
3. The port number is incorrect.
Solution: The port number in the ceaccess.ini file should be the same as the
port number in the cesrv.ini file in the Access Gen server directory.
4. The process is blocked by the firewall on the Access Gen server machine.
This is a known issue with Windows XP sp2.
Solution: The ceaserv.exe needs to be added as an exception* under the
firewall settings on the Access Gen server machine.
* Please Note: the executable needs to be added as the exception not the port.